We are excited to welcome you to Washington, DC, the capital of the United States of America, where the 2nd World Conference of Women’s Shelters will take place. The conference will be held at the Gaylord National Hotel & Convention Center, which is just a 10-15 minute drive from Washington, DC, Virginia, and Maryland.
The Gaylord National is located at:
201 Waterfront Street
National Harbor, Maryland 20745
United States of America
View Google Map
We encourage you to arrive a few days earlier or stay a few days later to do some local sightseeing. Washington, D.C. offers a number of exciting attractions including the National Mall, museums, monuments, and much more! Check out these links for things to do while in DC: Interactive Visitors Guide (check out links on the right-hand side of the screen for restaurants, nightlife, etc. or read the whole book here). For more information, you can visit the following sites:
- The official tourism site of Washington, DC.
- About.com Washington DC Travel
- The White House
- The District: The Tourist's Guide to Washington, DC
- Visit Washington DC online
- 100 Free or Almost Free Things to Do in DC
- You can take a shuttle service from the hotel into downtown Washington, DC or water taxis from the National Harbor into Old Town Alexandria, Virginia or into Washington, DC’s Georgetown neighborhood.