I Want to Participate
The 2nd World Conference of Women’s Shelters will take place February 27 - March 1, 2012 in Washington, DC. The conference will bring together grassroots activists and advocates working on ending violence against women. At this conference, delegates will receive tangible tools and knowledge from other activists, as well as collaborate with women from all over the world. Come and join this amazing, unique conference and be a part of a global effort to end violence against women.
Where and when is the conference?
February 27 - March 1, 2012 in Washington, DC, USA
When does registration open and how much is it?
Who should come?
The conference will bring together a diverse group of advocates, activists, and individuals with various backgrounds and experience working toward and interested in the movement to end violence against women.
We encourage you to attend the conference if you:
- Want to end domestic violence against women.
- Are an advocate, activist, or service provider in the field of sexual and gender-based violence.
- Work in or with a shelter program, women’s center, transitional home, or refuge that provides safety and resources to women and girls fleeing violence.
- Want learn and share promising and proven practices, innovative solutions, and other effective methods to ending violence against women.
- Have meaningful tools, resources, and strategies for advocates working to end violence against women.
- Want to join a global community of advocates working on ending violence against women and network with other advocates and organizations from your country and from around the world.
- Work on the intersection of violence against women and another social problem such as poverty, HIV/AIDS, war/conflict, human trafficking, labor rights, reproductive health, etc.
We also strongly encourage advocates to attend the conference and share promising and proven practices, knowledge, and skills with other conference attendees.